Planning tools to address current and future land conservation are increasingly available, but the National Conservation Easement Database (NCED) is the first and only resource providing an up-to-date picture of land in the U.S. under conservation easement. This public-private partnership brings together national conservation groups, local and regional land trusts, and state and federal agencies around a common objective. Mary Bruce Alford, from the Trust for Conservation Finance - National ...
Dr. Tosha Comendant, Senior Scientist at Conservation Biology Institute, gives an introductory tour to demonstrate multiple ways to explore and create content in Data Basin. Data Basin is an online mapping and analysis platform that supports learning, research, and sustainable environmental stewardship. The tour will include examples of keyword & geographic search functions, mapping, and collaborative tools. A 30 minute presentation is followed by 15 minutes of informal questions and discussion.
Webinar: A tale of two fires: fire ecology and management with an eye to the future in S. California
As a colleague once wisely said, “there are two types of fire in southern California. The ones we plan for and the ones that do all the damage.” The ones that do all the damage have given southern California its notorious reputation for wildfire and the massive number of homes that are lost every year. These are also the ones that challenge traditional fire management efforts and have thus created ...
- Jan 9 — Decision Support Modeling with the Environmental Evaluation Modeling System (EEMS)
- Jan 16 — Navigating the Data Basin Platform: A Guided Tour
- Feb 13 — Navigating the Data Basin Platform: A Guided Tour
- Mar 13 — Navigating the Data Basin Platform: A Guided Tour
- Apr 17 — Navigating the Data Basin Platform: A Guided Tour
- May 15 — Navigating the Data Basin Platform: A Guided Tour