This webinar is the second in a three part webinar series: Evaluating Decision Support: Tools, Resources, and More In this ongoing webinar series, Holly Hartmann will discuss best practices for climate change decision-support evaluation. Climate change decision-support is defined by the National Research Council report (2009), Informing Decisions in a Changing Climate, as “organized efforts to produce, disseminate, and facilitate the use of data and information in order to improve ...
March 16, 2017 Katie O'Connor, Project Manager at Conservation Biology Institute, gives an introductory tour to demonstrate multiple ways to explore and create content in Data Basin (databasin.org). Data Basin is an online mapping and analysis platform that supports learning, research, and sustainable environmental stewardship. The tour will include examples of keyword & geographic search functions, mapping, and collaborative tools. A 30 minute presentation will be followed ...
SCGIS Webinar Series Presenter: John Schaeffer, Juniper GIS This presentation will take the mystery out of projections, coordinate systems, and datums. We’ll start with an overview of coordinate system terminology and concepts, and then specifically discuss how these concepts and issues apply to GIS and also how to apply this knowledge correctly in ArcGIS. This presentation is useful for anyone working with GIS or GPS, and is especially useful for ...
- Mar 30 — SCGIS Webinar: Future Climate and Protected Areas in the West, Using the Landscape Climate Dashboard
- Apr 12 — Webinar: Western Lake Erie Restoration Assessment (WLERA)
- Apr 24 — Webinar: Evaluating Decision Support - Sustainability of Tools and Resources
- Apr 27 — Webinar: Navigating the Data Basin Platform: A Guided Tour
- May 4 — SCGIS Webinar: Collect, Integrate, Review, Report: Lessons Learned Designing a Wetland Mobile Tool
- May 11 — Webinar: Initiating the IUCN Red List of Ecosystems in the Americas