Conservation along the Bay margin: estuarine-upland decision support systems in San Francisco Bay Presentation Abstract: The distribution of upland transitional habitats found along the margin of estuaries is critical to tidal marsh ecosystems and generally not well understood. Brian Fulfrost, of Oregon Freshwater Simulations, and David Thomson with San Francisco Bay Bird Observatory (SFBBO), have developed a new mapping methodology and ranking system for transition zones called San Francisco Bay ...
Dr. Tosha Comendant, Senior Scientist at Conservation Biology Institute, gives an introductory tour to demonstrate multiple ways to explore and create content in Data Basin. Data Basin is an online mapping and analysis platform that supports learning, research, and sustainable environmental stewardship. The tour will include examples of keyword & geographic search functions, mapping, and collaborative tools. A 30 minute presentation will be followed by 15 minutes of informal questions ...
Everyone knows that coral reefs are in danger, and that the rainforests are disappearing – or do we? How much of these ecosystems are left, what are they threatened by, and how likely are they to disappear? Accelerating landscape change and climate change threatens biological diversity worldwide. Conserving this diversity hinges on our ability to understand changes in the condition of the ecosystems and the species they support. One important ...
- May 30 — Webinar: Decision Support Tool Utility: Connecting with Decision Making Processes
- Jun 13 — Webinar: VELMA – a scalable, transferable ecohydrological model for watershed restoration planning
- Jun 22 — Webinar: Navigating the Data Basin Platform: A Guided Tour
- Jun 26 — Webinar: Decision Support Tool Suitability: Getting a Decision Maker to Choose Your Tool
- Aug 24 — Webinar: The Northwest Climate Toolbox: Mapping Climate Information for multi-sectoral stakeholders
- Sep 21 — Webinar: Navigating the Data Basin Platform: A Guided Tour