Tosha Comendant, Ph.D.
Senior Conservation Scientist, Team Lead- Planning & Management
Dr. Comendant is a Senior Scientist with 15 years of experience in research, communication, and organizational capacity building. Her program and project work is at the nexus of conservation science and technology. She has a proven track record developing innovative methods, tools, databases, and science-based solutions that increase knowledge-transfer, enhance stakeholder engagement, and inform natural resource management decisions. Skills and experience include:
- Business development and client management
- Building relationships and managing collaborative teams
- Cultivating impactful cross sector/public-private partnerships
- Publishing, presenting, proposal writing, and reporting
- Performance management and measurement
- Domestic/international/local/regional/global projects
- Training, facilitation, and social media
Dr. Comendant received her Ph.D. from the Department of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology at UC Santa Cruz where she studied life history evolution. She received her B.A. from UC Berkeley in Integrative Biology. She lives with her husband and their twins in Napa, California.
Specialties: ecology, evolution, protected areas and easements, online data sharing, visualization, and collaboration platforms and tools, island ecology, invasive species, herpetology, social media, inbound marketing, and landscape-scale informatic assessments.