John Gallo, Ph.D.
Senior Conservation Scientist
Dr. John Gallo is a geographer and landscape ecologist who works together with conservation practitioners on applied conservation projects. Dr. Gallo also explores scientific frontiers with the purpose of advancing innovative strategies and best practices to attain multiple benefits. He employs a variety of areas of expertise in an interdisciplinary approach, including:
- design and application of software for conservation planning, landscape assessment, and habitat connectivity modeling,
- promoting advances in spatial decision support systems,
- wildfire mitigation and adaptation analyses and planning,
- climate change adaptation planning,
- applying citizen and community science to engage the public and fill data gaps,
- bringing knowledge graphs and machine learning to conservation applications,
- engaging partners, stakeholders, and decision-makers in all of the above.
For more information please see Dr. Gallo’s curriculum vitae linked to the right.