As environmental conservation problems become more serious and the demand to solve them grows more urgent, building better connections between science, policy, and people is critical. CBI built Data Basin in response to the need to access, interpret, analyze, and communicate using conservation science data. Data Basin is a web-based platform that integrates science, mapping, and people. Data Basin supports users with a wide range of technical capabilities. The functionality supports technical specialists, decision makers, and members of the interested public.
The core of Data Basin is free and provides:
- mapping tools to create beautiful custom maps
- group and personal workspaces for collaborating and getting work done effectively
- powerful search engine including geographic area of interest
- upload/download of biological, physical, and socio-economic geospatial datasets
- privacy controls to limit access to content
- drawing, analysis, and commenting tools
Data Basin offers a a range of fee-based consulting services for individuals, multi-stakeholder groups, and organizations who want to take full advantage of Data Basin’s mapping, analytical, and collaboration tools to acheive their goals. Our team of scientists and programmers can provide a range of services including: (1) Spatial Dataset Development, Processing, and Uploading; (2) Training and Workshops; and (3) Custom Tool Development.