Conservation Dataset Development & Analysis
CBI leads in the creation of several important conservation datasets provided in the list below. Our scientists also generate high-quality data aggregations for a wide range of subjects for different study areas useful beyond the scope of the specific project for which they were created and many of these are shared using Data Basin.
- US Protected Areas Database (PAD-US CBI edition)
- US National Conservation Easement Database (NCED)
- National Forest Fragmentation Dataset and Assessment
- Intact Forest Assessment for the US
- Atlas of Forest Intactness for Alaska
Working mainly with funding from US federal agencies with additional support from foundations, CBI continues to provide leadership in a number of key areas in support of conservation. Since 1998, CBI has been aggregating and publishing a national protected areas database and associated publications. More recently, CBI has worked as part of a consortium of conservation non-profits to build and maintain the first national conservation easement database.