- Oct 24 — SCGIS Webinar: Adventure Scientists: A partnership collecting field data to drive conservation
- Oct 31 — SCGIS Webinar: The Allen Coral Atlas: A new map for coral conservation
- Nov 7 — SCGIS Webinar: Geospatial Conservation at The Nature Conservancy
- Nov 14 — SCGIS Webinar: A Spatial Planning Tool for Biodiversity Conservation under Climate Change
- Nov 20 — SCGIS Webinar: Wildlife Insights: Harnessing Artificial Intelligence for Conservation
How does one measure success in a career? As a conservation biologist, I commonly think in terms of number of acres, number of endangered species, biodiversity, watershed integrity, population size, value as a wildlife corridor, dollars raised and invested, etc. Each year, I look back on the victories and defeats, the geographies and the politics, the threats and the commitments. Sometimes, decades go by before another conservation target that I ...